pp1f9707cd.jpg
pp93f48512.jpg
ppefa01447.jpg
pp0adc6fd5.jpg
pp76e66c4c.jpg
ppf300574c.jpg
pp3df4401b.gif
Hello from a new member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Organ Alley Forum Index -> Organs and Mechanical Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Jordan
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Hello from a new member Reply with quote

Hello everyone - I've just joined the forum after being given the details by Melvyn Wright. I run a 4 inch scale Foster traction engine which featured in the February 2007 issue of 'Old Glory' and slso have full specification 30 key Alan Pell organ that goes with it.

One of my main reasons for joining is because I want to try and find out about a piece of music called 'Munich Frankfurt.' This is described as a 'gallop' and I have a recording of it played by a 59 keyless Fritz Wrede fair organ that used to be in the collection of Paul Corin at 'Magnificent Music Machines' in Cornwall.

It is a bright and lively tune and I'd like to get hold of the sheet music or other information that might enable me to create a MIDI file for my organ.

If anyone can help, please post here or direct to my email: peterjordan@dsl.pipex.com

I'd also be pleased to hear from anyone who creates MIDI files that would suit the Pell organ - I don't have a great deal of musical expertise myself.

I'm also about to post a 'For sale' advert for my previous organ, a Pell 'Mini 20.' A nice little organ, all ready to go and rally.

Peter Jordan

Bournville, Birmingham
George Houghton
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Hi Peter.. Reply with quote

Hi Peter and welcome to the Organ Alley Forum.

I assume that your Pell 30 is a MIDI controlled organ and if so, could you please let me have a copy of the scale so that I can see if I have anything that will suit it.

Have you tried asking Melvyn Wright or Alan Pell about suitable music?

You could also contact Alan Roberts, who is another 'Noteur'. His website is: www.mrgavioli.co.uk. You will find a contact email there.

I have no knowledge of the "Munich Frankfurt" gallop. Does it go under any other title?

Maybe someone with a greater knowledge of music could enlighten us?

Regards,

George
Peter Jordan
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Hello from a new member Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, George. I do, of course, have music from both Alan Pell and Melvyn Wright for my 30 key organ - I was just wondering if there was anyone else who did MIDI files that might be suitable. I am in touch with Mr. Gavioli to see if my organ will play any of his files.

If you can send your email address to : peterjordan@dsl.pipex.com I will send you an attachment with details of the organ scale.

Best wishes

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Organ Alley Forum Index -> Organs and Mechanical Music All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: