pp93f48512.jpg
ppefa01447.jpg
pp0adc6fd5.jpg
pp76e66c4c.jpg
ppf300574c.jpg
pp3df4401b.gif
Memories of a very special Friend.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Organ Alley Forum Index -> Public
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Stubbs
Site Admin

Location: Manchester, UK (Tel: 0161 794 5558/ Mob: 07985 437940)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our old friend Stuart's funeral was held today at his local church of St Clements in Urmston, Manchester.

Stuart's Organ plays to the gathering mourners

Mourners stand in silence as the Pall Bearers prepare to carry Stuart's coffin in the church

Ever the Showman, Stuart had requested that the Church Organist played 'Blaze Away' as his coffin is carried out of the Church!

A floral tribute from The North West Group F.O.P.S.

As the final curtain closed at the crematorium, all the mourners applauded to the sound of "There's no business like showbusiness"!

The end of an era.

Dave Stubbs
Robert Heywood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: thankyou Reply with quote

Thankyou Dave- Stuart had a great send of and all thoughe ive not shed any tears this past week and havent done for years I did as soon as the coffin was broughte in to the church as it was such a close and dear freind i was saying farewell to. I thoughte it was very heartwarming that they played his organ and played what he wished and it was a great send of for him but heartbreaking for us.
Thankyou
George Houghton
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

It was a very fitting "Final Curtain Call" for a very special man who will be sadly missed by a great many people, especially those of us in the North West Group.
Thanks to Robert for his very brave tribute speech in Church.and thanks to everyone who attended the Service.

Regards
George.
Robert Heywood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: thankyou Reply with quote

Thankyou Gearge
It wasent easy to do that- standing in front of all the mourners at a very serous ocashion but I wanted to do it for Stuart after all he,s done for me over the years.
Thankyou again
nick marler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: sad loss of a dear friend Reply with quote

As I sit here reflecting on the funeral of Stuart memories come flooding back.................I can remember one dark and wet night ,I had just come back home after a few pints at my local,when my wife said to me "there has been a phone call from someone with something to do with organs he said he will ring back".Sure enough the phone rang at 11.00pm .After a long and detailed conversation which lasted well over 40 minutes(which I found out at a later date that this was a short phone call from Stuart)explaining to me about an inaugual meeting at a pub in Urmston with like minded individuals.My curiousity got the better of me and I duly made the journey to Urmston armed with the map and directions of how to get there.Once there I found that I knew one or two people there and made new friends as well.One of Stuarts ways was to rope people in to do jobs and yours truly was asked to be on the committee,I think it consisited of just four officers.The night was over all but to soon and we all made the journey back to our various homes explaining to our wives that we had been to an organ night(mine thought I had been doing something at Trafford General Hospital bless her)It was also decided at that meeting to hold the next at the Post Graduate suite in the grounds of Trafford General Hospital.Those meetings were true magic with one organ playing outside and another in the room inside,all sorts of entertainment was provided during the months we were there,one particular talk that stands out in my mind was the one with Alan Ralphs who showed some slides of trams and talked about them as well.The childrens belated xmas parties were also a gem with Stuart doing magic tricks as well.Possibly the highlight of Stuart's time as chairman of the North West group was the main society's AGM at Frank Lythgoe's pemisise.He did all the organising and took over the running of the event after the buisiness side of the meeting was finished.Also for all his efforts and time in North West group he was awarded the "Arthur Mills Rosebowl"trophy.We have lost a dear friend and a gentelman and his talents and expert knowledge of the entertainment world will be sadly lost,but as Stuart would have wished life goes on and let us remember him for all the good things he did.

R.I.P.-STUART MARTI-BOWLER
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Organ Alley Forum Index -> Public All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum