pp1f9707cd.jpg
pp93f48512.jpg
ppefa01447.jpg
pp0adc6fd5.jpg
pp76e66c4c.jpg
ppf300574c.jpg
pp3df4401b.gif
Internet Paypal Scam (Caveat Emptor)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Organ Alley Forum Index -> Public
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Houghton
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Internet Paypal Scam (Caveat Emptor) Reply with quote

This post is to advise everyone who uses PayPal to pay for purchases on the internet and think that it a secure method of payment to beware.

In May of this year I received a communication advertising a DVD "History of Mechanical Music" supplied by "Artzche" an associate Company of "News Documentary" based in USA which according to their web site were suppliers to the entertainment media.

The DVD was about Organs Etc in Swiss Museums.

Payment could be made through PayPal which is supposed to be a secure method of payment for goods purchased on the internet and Gaurantees secure payment.
I duly paid for the DVD using PayPal and Barclaycard on the 14thMay

Sometime later I Received an Email advising that there had been a problem with Customs which had now been resolved and my goods would be shipped in June.

After a few weeks and no DVD, I Emailed the company asking for the goods or repayment if they could not be supplied. needless to say NO answer was forthcoming.
I contacted PayPal who advised me that the correct proceedure was to contact the seller first to try to resolve the issue.
I informed Paypal that this method had been unsuccessful because the supplier had not replied to my Email.
Paypal then advised me that an updated method of resolving a dispute had been activated and that I must use this method which was to fill in details on a form on the Paypal website.
The form was duly completed and when I clicked on send I got the message that the matter had gone over the time limit for dealing with disputes and was invalid.Despite several Emails to Paypal they just keep going round in circles and do not seem to want to help at all.
I have since looked on the MMD site and it appears I am not alone and the whole thing is a scam that PayPal seem reluctant to deal with. So much for PayPal being a safe way to pay.
My latest action is to inform Barclay Card to see if they can do anything.

AS THE MAN SAID.
CAVEAT EMPTOR

Regards
George Embarassed Evil or Very Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Organ Alley Forum Index -> Public All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum